Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Roscommon Area District Library is a non-profit, charitable group whose mission is to promote the development of excellent library services for all patrons through fundraising, advocacy and volunteerism. The Friends of RADL formed in 2010 and is also a member of the Michigan Friends of Libraries. This local group of women and men is composed of friendly neighbors, full-time residents and “snow-birds” who share a fondness for the Roscommon Area District Library.
The Friends of RADL support the library by sponsoring programming for all ages, providing refreshments, volunteering as needed and helping fund library needs that may be outside of the library budget.
Membership is open to everyone. Annual dues are $5.00. Applications are available at RADL and the Lyon Branch Library.
Monthly meetings are the first Tuesday of each month at Fred’s Restaurant of Roscommon. The group gathers at 11:30 am to visit and order lunch. A business meeting begins at noon. *Due to COVID-19, we will not be meeting until further notice.*
Ways to support:
• become a member,
• select RADL as your Amazon Smile charity and
• purchase used books from the Friends Used Books shelves at the back of RADL.
For more information:
- call RADL at 989-281-1305,
- visit us on Facebook at “Friends of Roscommon Area District Library”,
- email Friends at FriendsofRADL@gmail.com, or
- write to The Friends of RADL, P.O. Box 311, Roscommon, MI 48653.
Officers and Committee Chairs: 2018 – 2020
• President: Linda Brick
• Vice President: Heidi Luebke
• Secretary: Sue Glover
• Treasurer: Lisa Sutton
• Trustee and Chair of the Nominating Committee: on hold
• Trustee and RADL Board Liaison: Steve Remenar
• Trustee and Member at large: Linda Udy
• Membership Chair- Lisa Sutton
• Wine & Craft Beer Tasting Chair – on hold
• Events Chair – Valerie Remenar
• Publicity Chair- Linda Brick
• Used Book Sales Chairs – on hold
• Landscaping Chair- Joyce Ballard
- November 2019
- January 2020
- March 2020
- May 2020
- July 2020
- September 2020
- November 2020
- January 2021
- March 2021