Genealogy & Historical Resources
RADL’s Genealogy and Family Research Room is a great place to research family history!
The Michigan Room does many things such as:
- Preserves local and family history materials for Roscommon County and the surrounding area for historical and genealogical researchers.
- Encourages individuals to research their own family history.
- Provides classes for the beginning genealogical researcher on a semi-annual calendar.
- Hosts a Genealogy Interest Group for monthly discussions.
- Accepts published family histories and other historical print material to expand the collection. All donations become the property of the Roscommon Area District Library.
- Collaborates with the Roscommon Area Historical Society to provide the historical and genealogical researcher with a positive research experience.
- Ancestry.com is available for use at the library.
Donations of historical materials and family histories are welcomed. The Genealogy Interest Group meets the last Wednesday of each month at 1:00 p.m. in the RADL Community Room or Michigan Room. A volunteer mentor is available on Wednesday afternoons from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Rules of the Room
Michigan Room materials are NOT Available for circulation and may only be removed by RADL staff members.
Only pencils may be used in the Michigan Room.
The RADL staff is available to make copies at 10 cents per page. Follow the instructions in the Michigan Room for making copies. All copies must be requested at least 30 minutes before closing.
Personal scanners and computers may be used.
Copies of genealogical forms are available.
Do Not Write or Mark on or in any Michigan Room materials. If you would like to make corrections or changes, talk to the library staff members.